Memorandum of Understanding
Eastern Suffolk BOCES requires that all employers must accept a (link) Memorandum of Understand in order to utilize the Employment Resource Center Job Bank. By completing this form, you are accepting this (link) Memorandum of Understanding.
The employer agrees to the following:
• Special safety instruction will be provided to the student trainee by the employer when assigned to work with hazardous equipment or in hazardous areas.
• Employee wages will be no less than the prevailing minimum wage rate and employer will comply with all local, state and federal labor laws. Student will not be hired as an independent contractor.
• The nature of employment shall be ethical, morally appropriate and adhere to local, state and federal laws.
• The cooperating employer agrees that the student will be accepted and assigned jobs and otherwise treated without regard to age, color, religion, creed, disability, marital status, national origin, race, gender or sexual orientation.
• Employer agrees to inform the student of company rules, regulations, policies and exact duties of the job prior to the commencement of employment.
• I agree to be interviewed by an Eastern Suffolk BOCES Job Developer/Work Experience Coordinator/Vocational Advisor and/or Administrator.
• All jobs will be reviewed by career services staff, and you will receive e-mail notification upon approval. While this program is based on self disclosure and honest in providing accurate information, please note that jobs with incomplete information and/or duplicate listings may be removed without notice.
• Approved jobs will be listed in the job bank for 60 days. It is your responsibility, once the position is closed, to notify Eastern Suffolk BOCES as timely as possible.
• Ten days prior to the expiration of each job listing, you will receive an e-mail message requesting placement information and indicating that the job will soon be removed from the system. You may choose to re-enter the listing at such time if the position is not filled.
• Job openings must be submitted directly by the hiring employer (i.e. jobs from employment agencies or other third party employers will not be accepted).
• All jobs performed in private homes will not be accepted.
• All jobs in the political arena should be in established offices.
By continuing to the next page of this form, I agree to the above-stated Memorandum of Understanding and attest that all of the information provided is true to the best of my knowledge.
Eastern Suffolk BOCES does not discriminate against any employee, student, applicant for employment, or candidate for enrollment on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, religion or creed, age, weight, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other classification protected by Federal, State, or local law. Eastern Suffolk BOCES also provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding the implementation of applicable laws should be directed to either of the Eastern Suffolk BOCES Civil Rights Compliance Officers: the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, 201 Sunrise Highway, Patchogue, NY 11772, 631-687-3029, ComplianceOfficers@esboces.org; or the Associate Superintendent for Educational Services, 201 Sunrise Highway, Patchogue, NY 11772, 631-687-3056, ComplianceOfficers@esboces.org. Inquiries may also be addressed to the Office for Civil Rights at the US Department of Education, 32 Old Slip, 26th Floor, New York, NY 10005, 646-428-3800, OCR.NewYork@ed.gov.